Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 10:11:02 -0800
From:      Will Damon <w3dstyle@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Changing boot-kernel location?

I'd like to delete all my /usr/obj files to free up space, but if I do,
I think I may have a problem:

 > uname -a
FreeBSD dianed.com 4.5-STABLE FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE #1: Sun Feb 10 09:21:19
PST 2002     wdamon@dianed.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  i386

I used the following to get into this situation:
cd /usr/src
# generate intermediate build files necessary for building a custom kernel
make buildworld

# build and install custom kernel
make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL

# reboot system with new kernel
shutdown -r now

The kernel built without error, boots and works great, I would just like
to get rid of all those intermediate build files but I'm hesitant to b/c
of the output of 'uname -a'.

Any advice anyone might have would certainly be appreciated.

thanks for your time,
-Will