Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:03:05 -0400
From:      "Susan R. Dewey" <srb@tarma.jax.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        srb@jax.org
Subject:   Ethernet connectivity

>From the description of the list, this is a non-technical list and general
questions are welcome.

I've installed FreeBSD on a pentium pro machine. I have a 3c509 ethernet card.
Since I was able to do the install via ftp using the 3com card I know I had
something working properly.

However, once I've rebooted, it is as if no ethernet card is installed. I've
looked in /dev and find no /dev/e[dp][01] driver listed. Do I want ep0 or ed0?
I have found both referenced in the mailing lists.

Susan Dewey
The Jackson Laboratory
Bar Harbor, ME.