Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:04:27 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Bob Knier' <bubbler@execpc.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD Port: linux-jdk-1.2.2

> 	Sorry to bother you, but I have just loaded the
> linux-jdk1.2.2 to my
> FreeBSD 4.1 box.  Everything seems to work well except
> for a jni libary that I call.

This is one of the reasons for a native FreeBSD port of JDK 1.2.2. The Linux
JDK won't do JNI on FreeBSD.

The native port is oficially in alpha stage, but I've had some very positive
reports for server-side Java.

Please have a look at my web site to see how to build it.
http://web.inter.nl.net/users/kjkoster/java/.

    Kees Jan