Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 15:45:25 +0200
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   /dev/pcaudio works on 3.1-stable?

Could anyone please try

	device pca0 at isa? port "IO_TIMER1" tty

in their config file and then cat some .au file to /dev/pcaudio and
tell me if it works for them?  For me it gets probed ok,

	Apr 16 13:44:59 saturn /kernel: pca0 on motherboard
	Apr 16 13:44:59 saturn /kernel: pca0: PC speaker audio driver

but I can hear nothing and once it even locked my X session (i have DDB
compiled in so it could have been a panic.)  i'll do more tests if it
turns out its something special to this system...

 oh and it worked with 2.2.8-stable and earlier on the same box.

 Thanx,
--
Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>