Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:00:27 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Franz Klammer" <klammer@webonaut.com>
Cc:        gnome <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gimp and new mime handling in gnome 2.8

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:09:10 +0200, Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
wrote:

> gimp does not appear in the context menu for graphics
> since i updated to gnome 2.8 last friday.

What's version of gimp? 2.0.4 or 2.1.5? I recently installed gimp in three
minutes ago to test and it appeared in the menu just fine. Have you
restart gnome-panel or desktop yet if you don't have nor use fam?

> adding MimeType(s) from application-registry to
> applications/gimp-2.0.desktop didn't help.
>
> is there anything else to do or than adding
> MimeType to the desktop-file?

Run update-desktop-database as in root to rebuild the mimetype database.

Cheers,
Mezz

> franz.

FreeBSD GNOME Team