Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:01:32 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems with tcp packets and ipfw fwd rules

Hi all..

I have a freebsd system working as the gateway router at this
site, it has two upstream links and Im doing some very simple
forwarding on it...

One link is set as the default route and the majority of traffic
heads out that.. I then use the ipfw fwd rule to use the other
link for traffic from certain hosts and to certain hosts..

This all works fine, except for with most tcp connections...

For instance browsing most web sites fail to load (tho some work
strangly enough maybe thats just the cache..) Im thinking maybe
this is some kind of mtu issue perhaps? I say this because looking
with tcpdump the packets all seem to go and come back, but the
pages never load... Then again maybe tcp connections just dont
work with fwd?

Any ideas of what is causing this problem?? And what to do to
solve it?

Thanks!