Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:55:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        <chris@czv.com>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rework of the FreeBSD website[was:FreeBSD'sVisualIdentity:Outdated?]

> On Jan 21, 2005, at 4:16 PM, Nikolas Britton wrote:
>
>> 1. Can anyone else see the Æ (AE) symbols where the registered
>> trademark symbols should be, UNIX and MS-DOS?
>
> This was just an error in my mockups - it is not an issue with the
> patch. I now fixed it in the mockups, too.

Yes you did fix it but it's still the wrong mark. UNIX and MS-DOS are both
"Registered" Trade Marks and therefor need the ®, (R), or * symbol

"Service mark --> used on services; use SM when not federally registered

Trademark --> used on goods; use TM when not fed. registered.

(R) --> use when the mark is federally registered."

http://www.cni.org/Hforums/cni-copyright/1994-01/0542.html
http://www.cni.org/Hforums/cni-copyright/1994-01/0552.html
http://www.sei.cmu.edu/about/legal-trademarks.html

>> 2. In the navbar, where did you get the site map/index page from, I
>> had no idea the website had one of those and I still can't find it on
>> the real site.
>
> That's the way it currently already is on all the pages that would be
> effected by the patch:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/index.html
>
> "Index" could be changed to "Sitemap" - I just considered it outside
> the scope of changes for this patch, but this would probably be a good
> idea.

Who should be informed about this? www or doc?