Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:30:01 -0500
From:      Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ThinkPads with IBM a/b/g wireless card

I'm considering upgrading my ThinkPad to some newer ThinkPad
model, on which I would be installing FreeBSD 5.2 (I'm running
4.x now, with no problems). Based on some previous postings to
this list and other places, it seems that most things will
work, but the one thing I wanted to ask about was
wireless. One of IBM's wireless options is described as "IBM
11 a/b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI card"; however, the "Help me
decide" popup only refers to "IBM 11 a/b Wi-Fi wireless".

Does anyone know what the a/b/g card actually is, and does
it work with FreeBSD? I'd rather get this than an 802.11b-
only card, assuming it will work.

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower