Date:      Wed, 09 Oct 2002 10:08:50 -0500
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ISO CDROM Image for Freebsd4.7

	After looking through the FreeBSD web site, I am not sure
if there is not presently an ISO image for a new 4.7 CDROM or if
I just missed it?

	I am installing a brand new system from a 4.4 CDROM which
I burned from an image so this method works well here.

	Due to the number of security changes between 4.4 and
4.7, however, the old routine of cvsup make buildworld make
installworld isn't as quick and painless as I thought it might
be.

	Make buildworld is okay, but after that, one must do
enough stuff to enough things by hand to make me think it is time
for a new CDROM since most of the changes are meant to keep the
spooks out of our new systems.

	I did see a cdrom.inf link on the ftp mirror I was on,
but it simply had a one-line ID for what the disk should be.

	Is there an ISO image for 4.7 yet?  Where do I get it?

	Thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Network Operations Group