Date:      Fri, 07 May 1999 18:43:06 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Iani Brankov <ian@bulinfo.net>
Cc:        Freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: xterm-color

Iani Brankov writes:
> Try adding the following to ~/.Xdefaults:
>
> xterm*termName:                 xterm-color

Interesting. That works. Now how does one get
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/XTerm-color to be invoked? It appears
XTerm-color includes XTerm but I've not seen it actually used:

nospam: {1001} xterm &
nospam: {1002} cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/
nospam: {1003} ls -lut XT*
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  4699 May  7 18:38 XTerm
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel   718 Jan 30 16:58 XTerm-color
nospam: {1004} date
Fri May  7 18:38:35 CDT 1999
nospam: {1005}

I've been taking the chicken way out and chopping up the XTerm file to
my liking. Couldn't get away with it if users were connecting with
monochrome X-Terminals.