Date:      Mon, 31 May 2004 18:05:25 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        wiky1100@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: I use....

On May 30, 2004, "s.m.waqas" <wiky1100@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I use win 2000 can i intaal FreeBSD on my computer?

Hi,

Before I say anything else... All support/technical questions should
be sent to freebsd-questions@freebsd.org. My reply here will also
be limited to items covered in the official documentation.

To answer your question in a very general way, yes. However...

You'll need to decide which release suits your needs best:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/current-stable.html

You should check the supported hardware list for that release:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.2.1R/hardware.html
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.10R/hardware.html

While your at it, read the handbook on installing to save a few
headaches:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

Good luck and feel free to write -questions if you have any
problems.

Regards,
Clayton

it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/