Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 1998 20:44:45 +1030 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux RPM on FreeBSD, anyone doing this?

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Mike Smith wrote:

> > /usr/ports/misc/rpm? I've only ever used this to install one RPM package, but
> > it seemed to work.
> >
> > Or am I missing the point?
>
> If you can tell me how to coerce it so that it will use /compat/linux
> as the root for all installations, that'd do the trick.  Unfortunately
> it appears to be another piece of Quality Linux Software.

Ugh. Sorry, my one datapoint's worth of experience won't do you much good :)
All I know about RPM is that it likes to install sources into /var and
compile them from there, apparently :)

Kris

-----
(ASP) Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) announced today that the release of its
productivity suite, Office 2000, will be delayed until the first quarter
of 1901.