Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 1998 00:23:24 -0700
From:      Greg Satz <satz@sprynet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   boca 2016 problems

I am attempting to get a 16 port boca card running on 2.2.5-stable. The
card is configured and the kernel sees it like it should. However any
access to the card gets very inconsistent behavior. If I attempt to echo to
the cuaa device the echo sometimes hangs in ttywait or less often actually
completes. When the echo completes the output shows up out the port (where
another computer running a simple character analyzer is connected). When it
doesn't complete, the output shows up after the reboot when the boca card
is probed! I have tried setting stty clocal on both the device and initial
device but the behavior remains inconsistent.

I have changed irqs and io ports. I have checked my cables. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Greg Satz
satz@sprynet.com