Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:26:20 +0200
From:      Thomas <freebsdlists@bsdunix.ch>
To:        Michael Johnson <ahze@ahze.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: evince print problem

Hi Michael

Am Dienstag, den 10.10.2006, 19:45 -0400 schrieb Michael Johnson:

> can you update evince to 0.6.1 and see if the problem still
> exists? I can print with 0.6.1

Unfortunately not. I use bsd lpd and not cups.

evince is linked to
libgnomeprintui-2-2.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libgnomeprintui-2-2.so.0
(0x286e2000)
libgnomeprint-2-2.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libgnomeprint-2-2.so.0
(0x28717000)

libgnomeprint was build without cups support.

evince shows me:
Configure summary:
        Print Support......:  gtk
        DBUS Support.......:  yes
        Nautilus Plugin....:  yes

        PostScript Backend.:  yes
        TIFF Backend.......:  yes
        DJVU Backend.......:  no
        DVI Backend........:  no
        Pixbuf Backend.....:  no
        Comics Backend.....:  no
        Impress Backend....:  no

I guess this is not a evince problem. I can't print with epiphany too.
In both apps i just can choose "print to file".
Printing works fine with evo, firefox and openoffice. I have no clue how
printing works in gnome. There is this magic cups I don't use. lpd
worked fine in the past and it still works with most applications.

Is cups mandatory for gnome?

Cheers,
Thomas