Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:43:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -Wall -Wcast-qual and SYSINIT

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     Most of the functions do not expect a const argument, though that
>     may simply be because they didn't bother to use const when they
>     could have.
>
>     However, I know at least the MALLOC initialization objects *can't*
>     use const objects because the malloc initialization routine modifies
>     the data object.

OK I understand now..
theoretically I guess you should have two types of SYSINIT,
however you are already not able to check the TYPE of the argument due to
it being passed through the void form, so losing the 'const'-ness is not
that much of a loss. The pragmetic answer may just be to 'cast' in the
macro.