Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 1995 16:58:56 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject:   ppp

I'm having problems with PPP as is someone else I know, on a 2.1 system.

Basically, if the line drops then it drops the default route from the
routing table and when you next try and use the net instead of it
re-dialing you get no route to host errors.

I can't find any way to get auto-dialing to work properly. I have to
kill ppp and re-start if manually (user-land ppp that is).

Killing ppp also has the side-effect of killing the X server. This makes
it a real pain to use.

On a totally unrelated issue, ftp'ing into freefall drops me in / rather
than my home directory using ncftp 2.2.2.

--
  Paul Richards. Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)