Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 16:38:28 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Daniel Baker <dbaker@hobbes.cuckoo.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Attempt to compromise root

> > I've tried ftp'ing to the.art.of.sekurity.org and have been successful
> > only once, but haven't been able to transfer any files.  sekurity.org
> > appears registered to a organization called "Insekurity, Inc.".
>
> I've got the contents of the site mirrored now and I'll have a look
> through some of it as I have time.  It's possible that there are
> some genuine compromises here, but it's hard to say.

I attempted to do the same, and it appears that they are getting
kinda paranoid from all the recent accesses:

jeep % ftp the.art.of.sekurity.org
Connected to the.art.of.sekurity.org.
220 the.art.of FTP server (Version wu-2.4(1) Tue Aug 8 15:50:43 CDT 1995) ready.
Name (the.art.of.sekurity.org:dbaker): ftp
530-
530-
530-
530-            It seems you have taken an interest in this machine
530-    and/or its contents, if this is a general interest in the
530-    domain sekurity.org you can send a request for service to
530-    root@sekurity.org... If your interest is only in this machine
530-    you can mail zen@sekurity.org... If you are specifically denied
530-    access to this machine DO NOT WHINE ABOUT IT, I dont want to
530-    listen to it...
530 User ftp access denied..
ftp: Login failed.
Remote system type is UNIX.