Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:47:02 -0500
From:      Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
To:        German Tischler <tanis@gaspode.franken.de>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.2-PRE, AGP X800, and Modular Xorg == No DRI?

German Tischler wrote:
> Isaac Waldron wrote:
>
>> Everything seems to work fine with the exception that direct
>> rendering is disabled.  This same machine worked fine with Xorg 6.9
>> from the regular ports tree, but I was interested in modular Xorg for
>> the possibility of limited 3D acceleration support for newer Radeons.
>>
>> I have since rebuilt world to 6.2-PRERELEASE as of yesterday, and
>> direct rendering is still disabled.  dmesg is reporting that agp and
>> drm are detecting my card.  Has anyone successfully gotten this
>> combination working with DRI?  If so, what tricks did you use?
>>

> Please try to run a program using OpenGL with debug flags, e.g.
>
> LIBGL_DEBUG=YES MESA_DEBUG=YES teapot
>
> One problem will probably be that the graphics/dri Port assumes that
> posix_memalign is present in FreeBSD, which is not true for FreeBSD 6,
> so the r300_dri.so object will fail to load. I have DRI working on a
> X850 based PCI express card in my FreeBSD 6.2 pre machine, so getting
> the X800 working should be possible.

If you look at his Xorg log file, you'll notice that Direct Rendering is
disabled.  Running a GL application with this debug flags isn't going to
show anything interesting...  The problem seems to be that the Xorg log
file doesn't actually say why Direct Rendering is disabled.

Also, it seems pretty clear to me that not all X*** cards (PCIe,
specifically) are working properly, as my screen is pretty well
corrupted when I enable DRI on my x800 XL :-)

Adam