Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:32:21 -0500
From:      Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl@ringofsaturn.com>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where to post...

Doug,
  Thanks for the quick reply.  I have been a FreeBSD user since 3.2 first
came out as I stumbled into your OS.  I just wanted to take the time to say that
the most recent changes that you all have put forth in the 4.0 series is a
great step.  I used the new PCM audio driver and it works extremely well and
that was something that I never expected to see anytime soon.  As well, the
further compatibilities with the Linux software are well done and have done
great things to help me make FreeBSD a workstation and not just a server or
hobby machine at home.
  I have always been impressed with the stability in the OS and am using it
for 2 web servers and a shell server at this time.  Seeing where you are taking
the desktop side of things, keep up the great work!

Thanks!
Rusty Nejdl
CCNA
Training Engineer
Verio, INC.

Doug Barton(DougB) wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Rusty Nejdl wrote:
>
> > Believe it or not, I just wanted to know where I should post a
> > compliment on the
> > new FreeBSD 4.1 OS that you guys have released.  I have successfully
> > gotten it working on my laptop with the NIC, graphics, and sound, so I
> > wanted to say thanks for a few new features that made my life much
> > easier.
> >
> > Rusty Nejdl
> > CCNA
> > Training Engineer
> > Verio, INC.
>
> 	-questions is as good a place as any. :) I'm cc'ing -hackers to
> reach a slightly wider audience of developers. Believe me when I say,
> _kind_ words are always appreciated, and I for one thank you for taking to
> time to offer yours. It helps make the work we do worthwhile.
>
> Doug
> --
>         "The dead cannot be seduced."
> 		- Kai, "Lexx"

Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl@verio.net>
"If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."