Date:      Wed, 01 Mar 2000 15:52:51 -0500
From:      "Samuel E. Fugarino" <sfugarino@freewwweb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dial-up problems

I am having problems connecting to my ISP when using Kppp on FreeBSD.
I am using the same kppp configuration that I using in Linux on the
same machine which works fine on Linux. My modem dials and connects,
but pppd times out when logging on to the network. The debug output
looks like the following:

Mar 1 20:11:37 pppd[4457]: pppd 2.3.5 started by root, uid 0
Mar 1 20:11:37 Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/cuaa2
Mar 1 20:12:07 Connection terminated, connected for 1 minute

I've been able to connect twice, but usually kppp sits there waiting for

logon and then times out. I had removed FreeBSD from my machine for a
while.
Before I had been able to log on to my ISP using kppp. That is, with the

same hardware and I think software configuration. My kernel is compiled
with the following options:

pseudo-device ppp 1
pseudo-device tun 1