Date:      Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:05:13 -0400
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Rick-Ashley Read <rick.ashley@dsl-only.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Pentium and GUI

On Aug 31, 2005, at 12:35 PM, Rick-Ashley Read wrote:
>    I am up against a wall trying to discern which LATEST version
> will run
>    with a dual Pentium board, and allow a GUI interface.

Running a GUI interface desires 64MB of RAM or more, but is
independent of the type of CPUs you have.

>    I am over my head studying for CCNP Certification exams. I have
> spent
>    all the time I can budget for looking for this simple info.

OK.

>    I have release 4.3 - but could download a later release, since
> the 5.4
>    I have on hand will NOT install on a Pentium platform.

That's a problem which ought to be fixed.  You haven't provided
enough information to diagnose what's going wrong, however.

Consider trying 4.11 or wait a little bit for 6.0-RELEASE instead.

--
-Chuck