Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:36:53 +0100
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        Robert =?iso-8859-1?Q?Blacqui=E8re?= <freebsd@guldan.demon.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ThinkPads - native savage_drv.o 1.1.27t now available

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 08:23:53PM +0200, Robert Blacqui?re wrote:
> I heard that there is also a driver from the hardware supplier which
> would compile against XFree86 4.3.0. Did you have a look at that driver
> yet?

I did indeed review that code today. I managed to get the 2D portion of the
driver to build; I haven't tested it. There were large amounts of code in
the streams module which were Video4Linux dependent. I've kept a record of
that work and will pass it on to the S3 developers in due course.

I should point out that S3's source code is against 4.2.0 (pre-Mesa4 import)
and thus the 3D code is totally different.

BMS