Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 07:15:51 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        lambert@warped.cswnet.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems compiling the kernel on SCSI -STABLE

I had a similar problem with a 1542CF.  I had removed the external Zip
drive, enabled the internal termination in the 1542CF, and subsequently
re-attached the Zip drive, of course without disabling the controller's
termination.  Within a few hours the system had hung and during the
subsequent reboot fsck could not repair the damage without the loss of
many files.  Some files that fsck thought were O.K. had changed data
blocks.  It was a mess that required a complete recovery of the
filessytem.

Open Systems Group          Internet:  Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca
ITSD                                   Cy.Schubert@gems8.gov.bc.ca
Province of BC