Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:58:27 +0000
From:      David Turgeon <david.turgeon@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-multimedia Digest, Vol 87, Issue 5

>Try moving the tuner card to a different PCI slot. I've seen this on one
>machine of mine yet and it turned out the card and the scsi controller didn't
>get along with each other very well. I realise you've been running 5.1 on the
>same hardware configuration, but there have so many changes to pci and acpi
>code between 5.1 and 5.3, it's still worth a shot.
Ummm, so when you had problems with the SCSI and Tuner did you get any
error messages in dmesg?  Cause I currently don't have any in mine, as
far as I can tell the kernel is recognizing it just fine.

To answer a prior question as to what card it was.

bktr0: <BrookTree 848A> mem 0xdddff000-0xdddfffff irq 19 at device 11.0 on pci0
bktr0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
bktr0: Hauppauge Model 56101 E M2
bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips NTSC tuner.

This seems to be a damn old card.  And appears to work well with
Ubuntu.  Somewhat shotty under Freesbie http://www.freesbie.org/.  I
think that CD based one was using 5.2 though, not to mention It
doesn't seem to appear quite as well, perhaps there's a way to mount
swap that i'm unaware about.  Thanks for the advice.