Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:30:34 -0000
From:      "local.freebsd.current" <local.freebsd.current@insignia.com>
To:        "'freebsd-current@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DP2 (I think!) crash booting from floppies

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:11:42 -0000, rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG (Robert
Watson) wrote:

>This is not actually DP2, it's about a week earlier.  That said, I'm not
>sure that bug was fixed in the missing week.  If you can, try booting off
>of the 5.0-DP2 ISOs found at:
>
>  ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/5.0-DP2
>
>Or using the floppies:
>
>  ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/5.0-DP2/floppies

OK thanks for the correction. Using these floppies I can get much
further. I get this during the boot:

unknown: <PNP0c02> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0f13> can't assign resources (irq)
unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0400> can't assign resources (port)

Then I get into sysinstall OK, partition the disk, set up the network
via DHCP and choose to install via passive FTP from ftp.freebsd.org.
All goes well until I get "Extracting base into / directory" then
"Write failure on transfer. Wrote -1 bytes of 240640" and at the
bottom of the screen "/mnt: write failed, filesystem is full".

Alt-F2 shows:
pid 85 (cpio) uid 0, inumber 5278 on /mnt: filesystem full
/stand/cpio: write error: No space left on device
/stand/gunzip: failed fwrite

I think I saw something about that in a recent posting so I
guess the fix hasn't made it into the floppies yet.

jim