Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:31:19 -0400
From:      John <papalia@udel.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Package duplications

Hey all,

I was fiddling through my package information, and I found that I have 3
different versions of the TCL package installed (8.0.5, 8.1.a2, and
8.3.b1).  I was wondering - are all three truly necessary for any
compatability issues?  Or would I be able to get rid of the first two?

Also, if I *DO* try to pkg_delete the first two, I get messages declaring
dependencies on those packages.  How do I make sure that whatever is
dependent on the first install of TCL can actually use the second (as in,
it knows where it is?)  And also, what's the safest way to force a deinstall?

Thanks in advance,
John