Date:      Tue, 31 May 2011 00:14:24 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        marcus@FreeBSD.org, mikeg@bsd-box.net
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   security/pam_ldap and net/nss_ldap ports inconsistency

Hello, Marcus and Mike.

 I'm writing to you (with CC: to mailing list) because you are
maintainers of `security/pam_ldap' and `net/nss_ldap' ports.

 I'm surprising, why these ports are inconsistent in config files?
 First of all, nss_ldap config is ${PREFIX}/etc/nss_ldap.conf, it
looks sane enough, but "pam_*" setting are surprise. But pam_ldap uses
${PREFIX}/etc/ldap.conf! It is not sane, IMHO. It could be easily
mistaken for ${PREFIX}/etc/oprnldap/ldap.conf. Why it is not
pam_ldap.conf?! Why these modules doesn';t use common config (I have
one hardlinked to other and it works)?!

 I understand, that here could be situations when nss_ldap and pam_ldap
needs different configs (but, I suppose, it is VERY rare situations),
but, may be, have options on both ports to use common config, which
will be turned on by default, and, in any case, use pam_ldap.conf for
pam_ldap?

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>