Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 1998 12:38:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bizarre behavior with vx0 driver?

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Mike Smith wrote:

# >
# > Anyone using the vx0 driver and seeing behavior like this?
# > This is on a -current box CVSup'd and rebuilt yesterday.
#
# This is classic "interrupts not happening, running on watchdog"
# behaviour.  If you're -current, it means you can't use the xl driver I
# guess.  Dump the card; it sucks and so does our driver for it.

The card is trash I admit, but this is on a work machine...
I did figure out exactly what was causing it however.  I had
an unconfigured (no pnp0 in kernel) PNP modem in the box and
removing it seems to have made the problem go away.  Don't
know why it fixed it but things are better now.

Thanks,

Steve

# --
# \\  Sometimes you're ahead,       \\  Mike Smith
# \\  sometimes you're behind.      \\  mike@smith.net.au
# \\  The race is long, and in the  \\  msmith@freebsd.org
# \\  end it's only with yourself.  \\  msmith@cdrom.com
#