Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:00:07 +0100
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
Subject:   Re: Xorg 8.9.0 "radeon" with DRI hangs FreeBSD-6.1, OK without DRI

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 21:57, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> > Can you try reinstalling xorg-server with attached patch (or fetched from
> > http://agrajag.ijs.si/tinderbox/stuff/xorg/patch-radeonmmap) in
> > xorg-server/files directory and see if it changes anything.
>
> As I reported, there's no change. With both "ati" and "radeon" used as
> "driver", the system hangs with DRI enabled. Here are Xorg logs:
>
> with dri:
> http://ivoras.sharanet.org/stuff/Xorg.log.dri.txt
>
> without dri:
> http://ivoras.sharanet.org/stuff/Xorg.log.nodri.txt
>
> If there is anything else I can try, I'll help, because bitmap-intensive
> applications (SDL) run very slowly now :(

Hm, well, if you feel experimental you can try fiddling with drm. This should
bring latest drm code with some fixes/enhancements for radeons r300. I don't
have such card so this was only compile tested. You can grab patch from here:
http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/other/drm-20060228-77.diff and apply it
in /usr/src/sys/dev/drm. Then recompile and reinstall drm drivers:
cd /usr/src/sys/modules/drm
make clean
make depend all install

Dejan