Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2012 23:37:42 -0700
From:      Stanislav Sedov <stas@freebsd.org>
To:        Royce Williams <royce.williams@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade -> portmaster Rosetta Stone?

On Feb 25, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Royce Williams wrote:

> I noticed that the portupgrade port got returned to ports@ with this note:
>
> ports-mgmt/portupgrade
>  -  Reassign to ports@
>     please consider using ports-mgmt/portmaster
>
>  Discussed with: bugmeister(eadler, linimon), ruby(swills, pgollucci) via
>  #bsdports
>  22 Feb 2012 - pgollucci
>  http://www.freshports.org/ports-mgmt/portupgrade/
>

> To ease the transition, does anyone know of a Rosetta Stone table, or
> "portmaster for native speakers of port upgrade"

Please note, however, that this does not mean that port upgrade disappears.
The latest version is available on the github and the portupgrade-devel
port was set up to track the github version.  Not sure what happened
to that port since then.  The recommendation to switch is just seems to
be an opinion of the people listed on the "discussed with" line.  The
application itself was never supported by ports people and mostly is a
work of two outstanding individuals, Akinori MUSHA and Sergey Matveychuk.
I'm trying to keep it in a working shape as much as I could.

--
ST4096-RIPE