Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:58:19 -0500
From:      Robert Withrow <bwithrow@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        bwithrow@nortelnetworks.com
Subject:   Re: Symbol Spectrum24 802.11b PC Card

Warner sez:
:- I think that we need a newer version of the awi driver imported from
:- NetBSD to make this card (and the 3com airconnect) work.

I would gladly donate a Spectrum24 11Mb card to someone who would
deliver a working FreeBSD 4.x driver for this card.  The deal would
have to be that the card is on loan until the driver works well
enough that I can use it, then the card is yours.  And it would best
if you were someone that Warner thought was a likely candidate.  ;-)

There is, apparently, working Linux code at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/spectrum24/

--
Robert Withrow -- (+1 978 288 8256)
BWithrow@BayNetworks.com