Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 07:29:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Losher <plosher@wwiv.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with SB Live! Value kernel support (pcm)

Hi,

I recently built a new workstation based on a ASUS A7V motherboard which
included a SB Live! Value sound card.  I used another AGP video card to
install FreeBSD v4.1 on it, and compiled in the pcm device.  After
rebooting, the sound card came up, and after MAKEDEV, was able to play a
test .mp3 on it.

A couple of hours later, I replaced the video card wit another (Matrox
Millenia G200 AGP) and a IDE CD-ROM, everything came up fine... except for
the sound card, which now shows up in dmesg as:

pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x105a, dev=0x0d30) at 17.0 irq 10

(the Matrox card takes up IRQ 11, so it couldn't be a IRQ conflict)

Has anyone experienced this and have any suggestions?

Thanks - Peter
--
Peter Losher                                          plosher@wwiv.com
"At every end, there starts a new beginning"    OpenPGP Key 0x7591AC02