Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 04:35:54 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dinesh Punjabi <dpunjabi@nyx.net>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 18.4.7. Update /etc  (this section is very confusing)

Dinesh Punjabi wrote:

> Maybe I am dumb, but this section has me in knots.

Well, you'll need to be a bit more precise about what's confusing you if
you want it fixed.

> It needs to be rewritten!

Probably.  I'm not sure why it doesn't mention mergemaster(8) at all.
If you just ignore that section completely, and instead just read the
manual page for "mergemaster", that may be a better option until the
handbook is updated to mention mergemaster.

--
Ben Smithurst                 / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /