Date:      Wed, 08 Sep 1999 17:57:39 +0100
From:      David Hanney <dav3@earthling.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: Re: simple but annoying FreeBSD Q

--=====================_5260931==_.ALT

what controls the default umask when
an account is accessed via FTP?
(ftp service is provided by plain old vanilla ftpd)

I've chaged the umask in .cshrc .login and .shrc
for that account - but it makes no difference!
(its makes a difference when I SSH-in but not when I FTP-in)

arrg - it is probably so trivial!

Thanks!!!

Dave

what controls the default umask when<br>
an account is accessed via FTP?<br>
(ftp service is provided by plain old vanilla ftpd)<br>
I've chaged the umask in .cshrc .login and .shrc<br>
for that account - but it makes no difference!<br>
(its makes a difference when I SSH-in but not when I FTP-in)<br>
arrg - it is probably so trivial!<br>
Thanks!!!<br>
Dave<br>