Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 08:03:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Arensburger <arensb@cfar.umd.edu>
To:        Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Perl Shared Library

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Patrick Gardella wrote:
> But I do want to figure this out, so I'll go ahead and try them.

	Just for completeness, now that I've had a chance to look it up:
create a file 'func.c', containing some random function. Now let's make it
into a shared library. Use the following Makefile:

----- BEGIN ----------------------------------------------
SRCS = func.c
LIB = foo
SHLIB_MAJOR = 1
SHLIB_MINOR = 0

.include <bsd.lib.mk>

Run 'make'. This will create the shared library "libfoo.1.0". Save the
output of 'make' to a file, and you'll have a handy-dandy recipe for
future reference.

--
Andrew Arensburger, Systems guy		Center for Automation Research
arensb@cfar.umd.edu			University of Maryland