Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 1995 02:17:35 +0100 (MET DST)
From:      Jan Riedinger <jan@physik.TU-Berlin.DE>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   termcap entries

The following program doesn't display the string "INVERSE   " inverse, if
I'am working with cons25.

If I start X, I get the wrong sequenzes for the function keys. E.g for F1
I get ESC [11~ but according to the termcap entry for xterm it should be
ESC OP.

The descriptio for the keymap entry in /etc/sysconfig is a little bit unclear
("Choose keyboard map from /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/* ...). How can know,
that I don't have to specify the extension .kbd?

#include <ncurses.h>

int main()
{
  WINDOW *win;

  win = initscr();

  meta( win, TRUE );
  nodelay( win, FALSE );
  cbreak();
  keypad( win, TRUE );
  leaveok(win, FALSE);
  noecho();

  werase (win);
  wattron(win, A_REVERSE);

  mvwaddstr(win, 10, 10, "INVERSE    ");

  wrefresh( win );

  endwin ();

  return 0;
}

Please tell my, how I can fix the "inverse" and xterm problems.

Thank you
     Jan