Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:29:31 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        "Brian T.Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, will@FreeBSD.ORG, greid@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org
Subject:   Re: CUPS dependency in KDE packages

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 08:04:35PM -0500, Alan Eldridge wrote:

>However, I just found a bug in the samba Makefiles where they do install
>the whole cups port. I'll PR it right away.
>
>Do you by any chance have samba installed? If so, *that's* your problem.

Sorry, I spoke too quickly. This is not strictly accurate. Samba will pull in the entire cups system if it is built with WITH_CUPS. I don't know how the bento build does it, so it could go either way.

But my last message explained your problem, and the solution. Use the current ports or packages for kde-2.2.2, and you'll be a happy camper again. :)

--
Alan Eldridge
Pmmfmffmmfmp mmmpppppffmpmfpmpppff PmpMpmMpp ppfppp MpfpffmppmppMmpFmmMpm