Date:      Sun, 28 Dec 1997 08:33:37 +1100 (EST)
From:      Andrew <perrya@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        Geoffrey Robinson <grobin@accessv.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trying to play with Apache on a non-network connected system

Does your home machine have a hostname? Also you may need to setup your
/etc/hosts file with entries for localhost and your hostname.

If apache starts up automatically you probably have a file apache.sh in
/etc/local/etc/rc.d which gets run at startup.

I have successfully accessed my home freebsd box over the internet using
it's dynamically allocated ip address, although it usually has a bit of a
dummy spit if I put a ~username after the ip address so I just use
http://xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa

hope this helps
Andrew Perry