Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 1998 11:46:34 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        dj@dial.oleane.com (Aurelien Bargy)
Subject:   Re: i4b-00.42-alpha-270298.tgz available

>From the keyboard of Aurelien Bargy:

> If I  don't  unplug the card, I  have  many, many,  many  "TEI address
> request/remove/assign" messages after the  first connection try (which
> fails, anyway) :

Please send me the output of isdntrace for this, perhaps it tells more.

> 	What  do these "TEI  messages" mean exactly   ???

Every member who participates in communication on an S0 (point to multi-
point mode) bus either needs a fixed address (unusual, not supported in
i4b) or gets an address dynamically assigned.

This address is called TEI, a Terminal Endpoint Identifier and is used
in layer 2.

> Do they have
> anything to do with those reported before by Andreas Lohrum ?

Do you run NetBSD ?

If yes, many (but interestingly not all) NetBSD users reported at least
similar problems.

> Maybe you'll find this interesting for debugging ? :)

It's interesting, but i can't reproduce it here.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77