Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:12:00 +0100
From:      Tony Dunn-Lowes <tonydl@the-coolpad.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cc: Internal compiler error URGENT

HELP

1.

I have just nuked my 2.2.5 system and reinstalled with 2.2.7 -RELEASE
only to find that nearly every time I attempt to compile an application
or upgrade I get ...

cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

... or similar.

2.

Also... if several "ls -la" commands are executed in succession then you
would get an error and core dump.

3.

And... If a terminal screen is left for a few minutes (without activity)
it will result in a disconnection (without warning)

I have tried disabling the CPU cache (which has seemed to improve
problem 2) but it hasn't solved the problems. I have also replaced the
RAM.

Machine Profile ... 32MB RAM, P133, Diamond Stealth 2000, SpeedEasy QDI
Motherboard.

I have heard that this set of problems could be due to the CPU type. Is
this true ?

Regards
Tony

---