Date:      Thu, 8 May 1997 17:31:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell Optiplex GXPro Dual will not boot

Hi,

   The GENERIC kernel builds and boots just fine on this machine.
An SMP kernel starts to boot, but comes to a standstill just
after printing out the following msg:

BIOS basemem(638K) != RTC basemem(640K), setting to BIOS value.

   ie: The copyright msgs never come out.

   I get the same result if I boot with -v also. ie: no additional
output.

   If I remove the SMP option, the kernel builds & boots just fine.

   As soon as I can get the machine network connected I will send
a copy of the mptable & dmesg output.

   If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

   The code is from the 3.0-970502-SNAP.

Thanks,
John

--