Date:      Fri, 07 Nov 1997 20:57:27 -0600
From:      bryan@connect.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with ethernet(modem)card on laptop

I recently purchased FreeBSD, version 2.2.2.
I installed it on my laptop via parralel laplink cable.
I have a Megahertz by USRobotics PCMCIA card.  It is a pc card Ethernet Modem
with XJACK connector.  28.8/14.4 bps. FreeBSD is probing the device as zp0
when
I boot up the operating system.  When I run the ppp program, I can't seem
to talk to the modem.  PPP says it dials and then prompts me with ok but i
am getting no modem initalization. I Called walnut creek tech support and
they encountered the same problem.
It's probably singling out the ethernet device and not probing the modem.
How do I fix this?

Thanks,
         Bryan Hinton