Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 18:34:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good SMP Motherboards

oN tHU, 4 nOV 1999, oLIVER fROMME WROTE:

> David Scheidt wrote in list.freebsd-smp:
>  > On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Bruce Albrecht wrote:
>  > > I'm looking for a good SMP motherboard for $150 or less.  Any
>  > > recommendations?  If I want also onboard SCSI, what's a good, cheap MB
>  > > run?
>  >
>  > I like the giga-byte GA-6BXD.
>
> "Me too!"  :)

One other board that might be worth taking a look at is the ABIT BP6, which
is designed for dual-Celerons.  SMP Celeron systems are not as big a win as
PII/PIIIs are, due in the main to small size of the cache.  Depending on
what you're doing with the box, this may or may not be an issue.  I don't
have any personal experience with the ABIT board, but I have heard good
things about it, here and elsewhere.  If memory prices would come down to
sane levels again, I'd likely throw one together.

David Scheidt