Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 14:50:26 -0400
From:      "Charles A. Peters" <cpeters2@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Maximum Hard Disk Size / Maximum Partition Size for FreeBSD 3.2-Release

I have purchased 2 10 Gig EIDE hard disk drives, and I plan to install
FreeBSD 3.2-Release on the drives.  I will also be installing Samba on this
system.  This system will be a Intel Celeron 400 MHz with 64 MB Ram.  I will
also be installing the Apache fp1.3 server extensions, X, and various
networking apps.

I am wondering how I should best partition this drive (/swap, /var, and /usr
partitions).  This system will also be a dual hommed gateway to allow my
other computers internet access via a cable modem.

What is the maximum partition size allowed by 3.2 Release.

My ultimate goal is to make the samba partitions available for networked
applications for a series of visual fox 5.0 applications that I have
developed, and now currently run on Novell and Windows NT servers.

Thanks in advance.

Charles