Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 96 09:10:00 PST
From:      Duncan Barclay <Duncan.Barclay@pa-consulting.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   amd and NFS kernel module

Dear All

Over the weekend I decided to try and get amd to help me mount floppies.
After reading the manuals and understanding it I got down to work but it
didnt.

After a while it dawned on me that amd uses nfs, ergo one needs nfs in the
kernel,
as I run a standalone machine I dont have nfs compiled into my kernel. Ahh I
thought
what about the nfs lkm? Does it load using modload...no panic after panic
after panic.

However all was not lost, run mountd or nfsd or nfsiod and the lkm is
installed
correctly. So patch up amd to check for nfs and load the module if it is not
there.

Shall I post this as a patch, or is it already in 2.1 and greater?

Duncan Barclay
#include <disclaimer.h>