Date:      Thu, 09 Oct 2008 09:18:16 +1000
From:      Da Rock <rock_on_the_web@comcen.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Touch screen ET&T on Clevo tn120r

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 10:53 -0300, Sdävtaker wrote:
> Thanks, here is the usb data:
> usbdevs -dv
> Controller /dev/usb0:
> addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
> Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
>   uhub0
>  port 1 powered
>  port 2 powered
> Controller /dev/usb1:
> addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
> Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
>   uhub1
>  port 1 powered
>  port 2 addr 2: full speed, power 100 mA, config 1, Fingerprint
> Sensor(0x2016), TouchStrip(0x147e), rev 0.01
>    ugen0
> Controller /dev/usb2:
> addr 1: high speed, self powered, config 1, EHCI root hub(0x0000),
> Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
>   uhub2
>  port 1 powered
>  port 2 powered
>  port 3 powered
>  port 4 powered
> Controller /dev/usb3:
> addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
> Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
>   uhub3
>  port 1 powered
>  port 2 powered
> Controller /dev/usb4:
> addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
> Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
>   uhub4
>  port 1 powered
>  port 2 powered
> Controller /dev/usb5:
> addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
> Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
>   uhub5
>  port 1 addr 2: full speed, power 100 mA, config 1, TC4UM(0x0306),
> ET&T Technology(0x0664), rev 1.00
>    uhid0

Well there it is, now you'll have to find the drivers for xorg and all
else. Run a search on the net with this info now and try to work out
which driver to use. Check out the various touch drivers available for
xorg and narrow it down to which will work for your hardware- if its the
3m touch drivers you're in luck; use the mutouch (I think?) and go from
there.

Xorg should pick them up automatically, but may need some help. Be aware
that there may not be mainstream drivers, I'm trying to work with an
egalax driver which is only available for linux so far, so it can be
quite a trick to get it to all work.

Keep posting as you find more information, and good luck!