Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:22:18 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Stefan Parvu <sparvu@cc.hut.fi>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   3C589B,D slow devices in Tecra 8100

Hello,

I am using FreeBSD 4.3 - RELEASE in Toshiba Tecra 8100 laptop.

I have a 3C589B PCMCIA card which works fine but really slow.
The card is in slot 0 and ep0 is fine configured. Whatever I try to
traceroute from my home outside is really slow in 13000ms when in NetBSD
or Solaris the time is around 10ms .

ping as well is really slow if I try to ping something outside.
The same machine with a different OS works good.

I have tested once again with a different PCMCIA card and is the same. The
card is a 3C589D so the same ep0 driver.

Some idea what the heck would be this ?

As well I am running a customized kernel (no firewall, no filter nothing
than normal stuff)

stefan