Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 20:02:07 +0200
From:      David =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sieb=F6rger?= <drs@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        Mack Lobell <macklobell@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Ho do i cvsup to DP1?

On Wed 2002-08-14 (10:10), Mack Lobell wrote:
> is it possible to cvsup to DP1? What tag should i use?

No; there is no 5.0-DP1 tag in the CVS repository.  DP1 was prepared
in a Perforce repository, unless I'm very much mistaken.

> I don't want current (yet).

I don't think you want DP1 - many bugs have been fixed since DP1 was
created in March, including a number of security issues (particularly
the OpenSSH holes).

If you want to run -CURRENT, be aware of the warnings in section 19.2
of the handbook, subscribe to the freebsd-current list, read it so
that you're aware of what's going on, and then dive in.

--
David Siebörger
drs@rucus.ru.ac.za