Date:      Tue, 07 Feb 2012 18:44:02 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        d@delphij.net
Cc:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org, Xin Li <delphij@delphij.net>
Subject:   Re: base system rc.d dependencies as of 231173

--------------enigF2F06CA8C128ED78567FE059

On 02/07/2012 18:28, Xin Li wrote:
> This may be useful for rc.d people so I've decided to post it here.  I
> created these graphs with the NetBSD rcorder-visualize script with
> some changes to adapt with our needs (e.g. some scripts would provide
> multiple services, etc, attached).  I think the script is useful for
> FreeBSD as well, should we import it?

I wouldn't have any objection to it being included in tools/ somewhere.

That said, please don't take this as a criticism of your work, but I
don't see what we're supposed to get from this. It's an interesting
graphic, but there is too much data, of too much complexity, for the
graphic to be absorbed in one view. .... or maybe I'm just too stupid to
see the value.

Doug

--=20

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.