Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 2019 23:45:12 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Olivier_Cochard=2DLabb=C3=A9?= <olivier@freebsd.org>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
Cc:        Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 10g IPsec ?

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 8:15 PM John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com> wrote:

> AES-GCM can run at over 1GB/sec on a single core, so as long as the
> traffic can be processed by multiple threads (via multiple queues
> for example), it should be doable.

I didn't bench this setup (10Gb/s IPSec) but I believe we will have the
same problem with IPSec as with all VPN setups (like PPPoE or GRE): the
IPSec tunnel will generate one IP flow preventing load sharing between all
the NIC's RSS queues.
I'm not aware of improvement to remove this limitation.

Regards,
Olivier